Help Please!!!

  1. #1

    Help Please!!!

    Hello i really need help with aformula if possible, i have data on sheet1 on b2 has the name of the product and on c2 the value of this product,and on a1 i have the number for each of this products, can i have a formula or something on sheet2 i need to type the product number and b2 would have the product name on c2 tha amount i need for this product but can this product remember the value that it was assigned on sheet1 and only show the total after the amount needed its entered on c2 can d2 display the total amount of this product with out having the valu of the product on the same sheet, PLEASE HELP MY BOSS ITS GOING TO KILL ME IF I DON HAVE THIS DONE FOR HIM, AND I NEED MY JOB THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

  2. #2
    Tim M
    Guest

    RE: Help Please!!!

    Your post is very confusing perhaps you can clarify a few things.

    - C2 the value of the product, what do you mean by that? A dollar value?
    - A1 the number of each product, is this a product number or is it an actual
    number of how many of the product you have?

    Please restate one line at a time (as above) what you want to see on sheet 2.

  3. #3
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Help Please!!!

    Assuming Sheet1 contains your product data in A1:C100 then

    On Sheet2 column B:

    =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$100,2,FALSE)

    On Sheet2 column D:

    =C1*VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$100,3,FALSE)

    This assumes data in Sheet2 is in row1 : if not, change A1 & C1 to An & Cn
    where is row number.

    Copy down as required.

    To cater for error conditions or blank column (product number) use:

    =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$3,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$3,2,FALSE))

    =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$3,3,FALSE)),"",C1*VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$3,3,FALSE))

    HTH

  4. #4
    [QUOTE=Tim M]Your post is very confusing perhaps you can clarify a few things.

    - C2 the value of the product, what do you mean by that? A dollar value?
    - A1 the number of each product, is this a product number or is it an actual
    number of how many of the product you have?

    Please restate one line at a time (as above) what you want to see on sheet 2.

    c2 has the value by number like 1,2,3,4,5 according to the need
    and A1 its a number i assigned to the product same as above starts with 1 and goes to 100 there is no dollar value in this products, please help i got a extensiont ill monday to come up with this Thank you in advance

  5. #5
    [QUOTE=Toppers]Assuming Sheet1 contains your product data in A1:C100 then

    On Sheet2 column B:

    =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$100,2,FALSE)

    On Sheet2 column D:

    =C1*VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$100,3,FALSE)

    This assumes data in Sheet2 is in row1 : if not, change A1 & C1 to An & Cn
    where is row number.

    Copy down as required.

    To cater for error conditions or blank column (product number) use:

    =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$3,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$3,2,FALSE))

    =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$3,3,FALSE)),"",C1*VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$3,3,FALSE))

    Hi iv tried this and did not work it says name or error all the data its on sheet1 A1 has the number assigned for the thproduct it goes from 1 to 100 b1 has the name of the product and C1 has a value of 1 or 6 or 10 so what i need on sheet2 its to type a number assigned to a product on a1 an b1 shows the name of the product, c1 value d1 the times i need this product and E if needed the total of this product, i hope this helps Thank you for your help

  6. #6
    Forum Contributor
    send your spreadsheet over to me, I will take a look at it

    [email protected]
    Google is your best friend!