How to remove share violation when excel application ends abnormally

  1. #1
    KG
    Guest

    How to remove share violation when excel application ends abnormally

    Hello All,
    I am using an excel Application which accesses data
    from MS Access database during its execution. Whenever the application
    ends abnormally it does not remove the lock on the Access file. As a
    result of this I am not able to replace the file or do modifications to
    edit its data because of the share violation.. Is there anyway I could
    remove this lock without rebooting?.

    Regards,
    Saravanan.

  2. #2
    Paul Lautman
    Guest

    Re: How to remove share violation when excel application ends abnormally

    KG wrote:
    > Hello All,
    > I am using an excel Application which accesses data
    > from MS Access database during its execution. Whenever the application
    > ends abnormally it does not remove the lock on the Access file. As a
    > result of this I am not able to replace the file or do modifications
    > to edit its data because of the share violation.. Is there anyway I
    > could remove this lock without rebooting?.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Saravanan.

    Is there possibly a process in Task Manager that you could kill?

  3. #3
    KG
    Guest

    Re: How to remove share violation when excel application ends abnormally

    Killing the MS Access Process works!. Thanks.