protect cells in excel to prevent users from deleting formulae

  1. #1
    locking cells in excel
    Guest

    protect cells in excel to prevent users from deleting formulae

    how do i protect cells in excel to prevent users from deleting formulae in my
    worksheets

  2. #2

    Re: protect cells in excel to prevent users from deleting formulae

    You can lock or unlock each cell via:
    format|cells|protection tab

    But the "lockedness" of the cell doesn't mean much until you protect the sheet.
    Tools|protection|protect sheet

    Be aware that worksheet protection is easily bypassed and there are lots of
    things that aren't available on protected sheets.

  3. #3
    Allllen
    Guest

    RE: protect cells in excel to prevent users from deleting formulae

    TWO STEPS

    Format > Cells > Protection
    Tick 'locked' for the cells you want to be protected
    untick it for any cells you don't want protected

    Then
    Tools > Protection > Protect Sheet
    Allow users to select only unlocked cells
    Put a password in

    --
    Allllen