modifying fill patterns

  1. #1
    David Mursch
    Guest

    modifying fill patterns

    How do I change cell fill patterns - such as line or dot spacing within the
    cell?

    Thanks.......rdm

    --
    R. David Mursch
    222 Ridge Top Drive

  2. #2
    Tim M
    Guest

    RE: MODIFYING FILL PATTERNS

    See if this is what you are looking for,

    'format'...'cells'...patterns tab....click the drop down arrow called
    'pattern'

  3. #3
    MAC253
    Guest

    RE: MODIFYING FILL PATTERNS

    Go to Format on the tool bar - click cell. Select the Pattern tab and then,
    at the bottom of the tab, click the arrow in the box that says pattern - all
    options will pop-up.

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: MODIFYING FILL PATTERNS

    David

    I don't think you can modify those.

    You can modify the color pallette through Tools>Options>Color, but I see no way
    to change the dot spacing or cross-hatching spacing in those patterns.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  5. #5
    David Mursch
    Guest

    Re: MODIFYING FILL PATTERNS

    Thanks for your response. However, my problem is that the available
    standard patterns print out too dark and closely-spaced, so that you cannot
    easily differentiate between the different patterns in the printed output.
    I am looking for a way to change the pattern scale so that it prints out
    more legibly.

    Thanks...rdm

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    David Mursch
    Guest

    Re: MODIFYING FILL PATTERNS

    When I print the standard patterns, they come out so small and dark that it
    is difficult to distinguish individual patterns. They are basically
    worthless, as they just look like varying shades of gray. There must be a
    way to scale the patterns up to make them print larger and more visible? I
    can't find anything in the Excel menus myself, but surely there must be some
    way to to that!

    .....rdm