Files being saved to local computer instead of network server?

  1. #1
    drvmark
    Guest

    Files being saved to local computer instead of network server?

    I have excel workbooks that various people access from our server. Opening
    the file over the network works fine. But there are times when the file is
    saved on the local machine without any notice or warning and not the network
    drive. This does not happen all the time but it happens enough that it is
    becoming a real pain.

  2. #2
    Tim M
    Guest

    RE: Files being saved to local computer instead of network server?

    Are you saying this just happens to you or other people who access the file
    as well? You could use 'save as' to make sure it is pointing towards the
    server and not your local machine. One thing I have done in the past is
    created a small macro and a 'SAVE' button on the sheet itself, the macro
    saves the file to both the server and the local machine thus ensuring it is
    saved both places and giving the person who last worked on it a copy of the
    sheet on their machine.