how do I convert numeric data to words?

  1. #1
    azohawk
    Guest

    how do I convert numeric data to words?

    I am trying to to convert numeric data to words. Example: 5.5 to five and
    one half.
    I recall reading somewhere that this can be done with a macro of some type,
    unfortunatly I don't recal where I read this.

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor mudraker's Avatar
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,983
    have a look at

    http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=489756
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...B;EN-US;213360

  3. #3
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: how do I convert numeric data to words?

    How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...N-US;Q213360&;

    --
    Gary's Student

  4. #4
    azohawk
    Guest

    RE: how do I convert numeric data to words?

    That was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

    I had to tweak it a little for my purpose since I wasn't daling with money.
    But, it was only a few minor changes.