cell auto population - why 0 when source cell is empty?

  1. #1
    David Smithz
    Guest

    cell auto population - why 0 when source cell is empty?

    Help,

    I'm auto populating a cell from another cell contained within another
    worksheet.

    However irritatingly, if the source cell contains nothing, it places a 0 in
    the destination cell.

    How can I stop this?

    I'm having to complete a spreadsheet for Monday morning so am having a bit
    of a crash course in Excel so help is very much appreciated.

    Regards

    David

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: cell auto population - why 0 when source cell is empty?

    David,
    Will this help?

    e.g in B1:

    =IF(ISBLANK(A1),"",A1)

  3. #3
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: cell auto population - why 0 when source cell is empty?

    One way:

    If you're using something like this on Sheet1:

    =Sheet2!A1

    Try this:

    =IF(Sheet2!A1="","",Sheet2!A1)

    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:c%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    David Smithz
    Guest

    Re: cell auto population - why 0 when source cell is empty?

    "Ragdyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > One way:
    >
    > If you're using something like this on Sheet1:
    >
    > =Sheet2!A1
    >
    > Try this:
    >
    > =IF(Sheet2!A1="","",Sheet2!A1)
    >
    > --
    > HTH,

    Seems to of worked a treat. Thanks for that.

    David

  5. #5
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: cell auto population - why 0 when source cell is empty?

    Appreciate the feed-back.