Stepping Through vs. Play

  1. #1
    CWillis
    Guest

    Stepping Through vs. Play

    I have a portion of code that inserts rows into a spreadsheet. The code
    works when I step through it using F8 but it does not work when I press play.
    (Gives the error: "Run-time error '438': Object doesn't support this
    property or method") I cannot find any error in the code. In fact, the same
    code is used several other places in my project without error. Does excel do
    something differently when stepped through vs. play? If so, I can try to use
    that to find the problem. Thanks.

  2. #2

    Re: Stepping Through vs. Play

    I've seen things that didn't work when I step through the code. But my guess is
    that there's a difference in what's going on in excel when you step through the
    code.

    You may want to post your code and indicate the offending line (and what module
    the code is in (Behind a worksheet, behind ThisWorkbook or in a general module).