enable/disable macro

  1. #1
    RICK
    Guest

    enable/disable macro

    Is there anyway that the running of macros can be disabled while EXCEL is
    OPEN. The only way that I have found to disable macros is to shut down
    EXCEL, restart EXCEL, and select to disable the macros.

    RICK

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: enable/disable macro

    You can disable code that run when you open the workbook by holding the
    Shift key when you open the workbook in Excel.

    Note: You can use the macro's only the code that run automatic when you open the workbook will not run

    --
    Regards Ron De Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    RICK
    Guest

    RE: enable/disable macro

    once disabled can it be re-enabled without closing down and re-opening the
    workbook?

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: enable/disable macro

    You can write all your macros so that they will conditionally operate or not
    depending on a certain value in a certain cell.........kinda like a password,
    only certain folks know what the password is, and where it is supposed to

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  5. #5

    Re: enable/disable macro

    I think you have to close and reopen any workbook to enable/disable macros for
    that workbook.