convert currency to text

  1. #1
    Excel_Instructor
    Guest

    convert currency to text

    how to convert a currency number (for example $100) into a text representing
    that number (one hundred dollars only)

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: convert currency to text

    Kind Regards,

    Niek Otten

    Microsoft MVP - Excel

    "Excel_Instructor" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tahani
    Guest

    Re: convert currency to text

    Thank you very much for the help you provided .. I really do appreciate it
    Regards,
    Tahani

  4. #4
    mahbub
    Guest

    Re: convert currency to text

    i want to convert "1000" in text like "One Thousand" in excell by formula

    is it possible

    mahbub

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: convert currency to text

    mahbub

    Yes it is possible.

    Go to the website Nick provided below and see what is required.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  6. #6
    mahbub
    Guest

    Re: convert currency to text

    Dear Gord Dibben

    Thanks for ur quick response.

    But i want a solution which i can apply in excel sheet. Nick's solution is
    very long and i dont know how it apply in excel sheet.

    if u have any solution regarding this just inform me

    bye

  7. #7
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: convert currency to text

    There is no Excel Function that will convert numbers to text as you wish.

    You must use a User Defined Function such as you find at the site Nick has
    pointed to.

    You copy the UDF to a general module in your workbook and it will show up in the
    User Defined list under Function Wizard.

    Couple of other sites can be found on Bob Phillips' site.

    Note the Add-in by Laurent Longre.

    It will add a function to Excel when loaded through Tools>Add-ins.

    Gord

  8. #8
    mahbub
    Guest

    Re: convert currency to text

    thanks Dibben

    im accounts person. pls. make me more clear how can i use.

    im sorry for disturbing u.

    but i need ur help

    thanks

  9. #9
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: convert currency to text

    The instructions given at

    are as clear and concise as any I could provide so I will leave you with that.

    Exception: you can copy and paste the code rather than type it into a module.

    Tell you what I can do.

    I will create a workbook with the SpellNumber Function included and a couple of
    examples of its use.

    Send me personally to my email, your email address and a request to send you the
    workbook.

    Change the AT and DOT in my address to appropriate punctuation.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP