save to folder based on cell value

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Steve
    Guest

    save to folder based on cell value

    I have a contract that has a macro that will save to a particular location.
    Is it possible to make the save location dependant on the first letter of
    the save name.
    Example: Save name "Smith, John" Since the first letter is S, I would like
    it to save to a folder named "Q-S".
    Thanks

  2. #2
    kassie
    Guest

    RE: save to folder based on cell value

    Add a case statement to your macro, with an argument that checks the first
    letter of the save name variable, and then sets your folder variable to the
    appropriate folder