Sheet Protect problem

  1. #1

    Sheet Protect problem

    I have a sheet with several option buttons. The option buttons are linked to cells.

    I'd like to protect the cells the option buttons link to, but still allow users to change the radio button's. (basically there are 2 per line, yes/no questions).

    I'd like to have the users be able to only tab between the fields where they can fill out info, and be able to change the option buttons, but not have users able to select the cells they link to.

    When I protect them, it gives a warning anytime the radio buttons are changed.

    Any help is appreciated

  2. #2

    Re: Sheet Protect problem

    You can remove the link.

    You can unlock the cells with the links (maybe put those linked cells in a
    hidden column) or even move the linked cells to another sheet (and keep that
    sheet hidden??)

    Ps. You could have used checkboxes to represent yes/no, also.

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Perfect!

    Thanks for the quick reply!

    Worked like a charm. I didn't realize you could hide columns. I was hoping 1000 lines of VBA code wouldn't be going to waste....

    Thanks