Easy way to shade cells

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    Microsoft 365

    Easy way to shade cells

    Hi,

    I have a long list of investment fund names, some of which I want to shade a particular colour. The data is arranged as follows:

    Col A - fund names
    Col B - performance for each fund in column A

    Of this list of some 20 funds I want to shade about 8 of them. As there will be lots of columns in the report (same as for columns A and B but for different measurement period) I would like to find an easy way of shading each fund and its associated performance in the adjacent column without doing it manually.

    Can someone please suggest a clever way of doing this easily?

    Many Thanks!

  2. #2
    Manoj
    Guest

    RE: Easy way to shade cells

    Try using the conditional formatting. It will work well with these kind of
    requirements of yours.

  3. #3
    Ian
    Guest

    Re: Easy way to shade cells

    Conditional formatting only permits 3 conditions. The OP requested 8 of 20.
    Even an IF statement in an adjacent column wouldn't work because that is
    limited to 7 nested Ifs.

    It is probably going to need a VBA solution, but I'm not sure how to go
    about that. Perhaps someone else can help?

    --
    Ian
    --
    news:[email protected]...