formula to sort a range so that it matches the exact rows of a column that is outside that range?

  1. #1
    steveo
    Guest

    formula to sort a range so that it matches the exact rows of a column that is outside that range?

    Hi, I'm trying to sort a range of cells so that the rows match a column
    of cells outside of the range. I've got excel 2004 and
    appleworks 6.28 so i can use either to do this and i'm at a total loss
    at this point. anybody have a formula that will do this? any help i'd
    really appreciate. Thanks!!
    Example would be the rows in k6:p204 have to be "sorted" so they
    exactly match the data in b5:b291.

  2. #2
    JLatham
    Guest

    RE: formula to sort a range so that it matches the exact rows of a col

    steveo,
    I'm having a very hard time picturing this. The possible solution depends
    on several things like what might be similar in the matrix to sorted to match
    the column. There's also a question in my mind because the number of rows in
    the example ranges you gave don't match

    If you'd like to email me a sample workbook, I'll look at it and try to give
    you some help with it. email to: 2kmaro at dslr.net (turn that into a
    regular @ address format).