Copying multiple rows to other worksheets (but amount of rows varies) - How?

  1. #1
    David Smithz
    Guest

    Copying multiple rows to other worksheets (but amount of rows varies) - How?

    Hello there

    I have a scenario where I want data in one place to be auto populated into
    other worksheets.

    However the amount of rows of data that I might enter is variable.

    For example,
    Lets say I have a worksheet called "datainput".
    on this I can enter as many rows as necessary (which will vary from work
    book to workbook)
    On other worksheets, this data input in multiple rows is copied across to
    other worksheets.
    The worksheets where the data is copied to also contain other information
    from other sources, and in summary needs to vary in length to represent the
    amount of rows that have been entered in the "datainput" worksheet.

    Or to put this another way, how do I copy data from one worksheet to
    another, but the amount of rows I am copying over is variable?

    Thanks in advance and I hope this question is clear.

  2. #2
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Copying multiple rows to other worksheets (but amount of rows varies) - How?

    One way could be to just access the entire column with a formula that brings
    over the data from "DataInput".

    Say your data was in Column A of sheet DataInput.
    Enter this formula *anywhere* you wish on any other sheet:

    =IF(INDEX(DataInput!A:A,ROWS($1:1))<>0,INDEX(DataInput!A:A,ROWS($1:1)),"")

    And copy down as needed.

    Post back with comments if this doesn't do what you need.
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...