slow work of Excell 2007 (beta2)

  1. #1
    Theseus
    Guest

    slow work of Excell 2007 (beta2)

    I try to open 7mb file in beta 2 Excell2007. This file is opened 3 minute.
    But I can open this file in old version Excell - 10s
    My PS: Athlon3000+ 512mb

    When I try to open 115 mb file in Excell2007, I walk with my dog.....

  2. #2
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    RE: slow work of Excell 2007 (beta2)

    How long does it take to recalculate the file in the older version? Excel
    does not automatically recalculate on open, unless you are opening in a newer
    version than the one that saved the file.

    Jerry

  3. #3
    Theseus

    "Jerry W. Lewis" wrote:

    > How long does it take to recalculate the file in the older version?

    10-15 second

    PS Sorry for my English

  4. #4
    BizMark
    Guest

    Re: slow work of Excell 2007 (beta2)

    A nice little trick I discovered only today for large workbooks.

    Set the Print Area to a single cell. Stay with that setting unless you
    really need to print some of it. And then, set the Print Area for only
    what you need.

    Maybe write a little macro that stores the real Print Area in another
    name or property, set the active Print Area to a single cell, then
    assign a macro to the Print/Print Preview buttons that re-instate the
    real Print Area before printing/previewing.

    I find it speeds up my large workbooks by around 4-8 times!!!

    Regards,
    BizMark

    --
    BizMark