Cell reference

  1. #1
    MS
    Guest

    Cell reference

    I have the following calculation to perform, with one cell being the same in
    all calculations.

    A1*B1 = C1
    A1*B2 = C2
    A1*B3 = C3

    How can I do so without typing the value of A1 three time?. I think there's
    a way to do so using $ sign, but am unable to do it.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Cell reference

    =A$1*b1

    and copy down

    to fix the column use a $ before letter and to fix the row before the number

    HTH
    Regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  3. #3
    David Biddulph
    Guest

    Re: Cell reference

    "MS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >I have the following calculation to perform, with one cell being the same
    >in
    > all calculations.
    >
    > A1*B1 = C1
    > A1*B2 = C2
    > A1*B3 = C3
    >
    > How can I do so without typing the value of A1 three time?. I think
    > there's
    > a way to do so using $ sign, but am unable to do it.

    =A$1*B1

    [Look up absolute & relative addressing in Excel's help.]
    --
    David Biddulph

  4. #4
    MS
    Guest

    RE: Cell reference

    Thanks a lot...it works great! Hope Brazil gets the cup again!

    MS

  5. #5
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Cell reference

    thanks for the feedback and belive we also hope, but it isn't easy.. ;o)