copying a column reference into a row

  1. #1
    lars1028
    Guest

    copying a column reference into a row

    I have a worksheet (sheet1) with a column of numbers (B2:B121). I would like
    to reference these numbers on another worksheet (sheet2) but come over into a
    row. I've tried using =sheet1(B2:B121), but I can't get these numbers to go
    horizontally in a row.

  2. #2
    Otto Moehrbach
    Guest

    Re: copying a column reference into a row

    Copy the column, then PasteSpecial - Transpose. HTH Otto
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: copying a column reference into a row

    Copy > PasteSpecial > Transpose

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Carbondale CO
    lars,
    Try:
    ={TRANSPOSE(Sheet1!B2:B121)}
    This is an array formula. The exact same formula will be in all cells on Sheet2. Array formulas have to be entered using CTRL>SHIFT>ENTER.
    If this is your first time, here are the exact steps I used.
    1. On Sheet2 select the horizontal range you want the Sheet1 values to go into.
    2. With the range highlighted hit =
    3. In the formula bar type in TRANSPOSE(Sheet1!B2:B121)
    4. Hit and hold CTRL then SHIFT then ENTER.
    5. The {} brackets will be added to your formula and you are done.
    HTH
    Casey

  5. #5
    lars1028
    Guest

    Re: copying a column reference into a row

    Thanks a lot, it worked perfectly