Lookup info in support sheets and enter in summary sheet

  1. #1
    WendiL99
    Guest

    Lookup info in support sheets and enter in summary sheet

    I have a workbook with a summary sheet and 7 supporting sheets. I need a
    macro that will take an account number from the summary sheet, find where it
    is in one of 6 of the supporting tabs and return the amount corresponding to
    that account number to my summary sheet and put it in the specified column.
    Each account will occur only once in the 6 tabs, which means that each
    account occurs in 1 of the tabs and not in the other 5. Ideas?? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Lookup info in support sheets and enter in summary sheet

    See this:

    http://tinyurl.com/q3x4w

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    WendiL99
    Guest

    Re: Lookup info in support sheets and enter in summary sheet

    The array formula only worked for the first worksheet in my defined list.
    What am I doing wrong? My formula is below.

    =VLOOKUP(A4,INDIRECT("'"&INDEX(Tablist,MATCH(TRUE,COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&Tablist&"'!A1:B100"),A4)>0,0))&"'!A1:B1000"),2,0)

  4. #4
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Lookup info in support sheets and enter in summary sheet

    You're formula works just fine on my end.

    Is this a typo:

    A1:B100")...........A1:B1000")

    Both ranges need to be the same or you could get incorrect results.

  5. #5
    WendiL99
    Guest

    Re: Lookup info in support sheets and enter in summary sheet

    I got the formula working ok, but it returns #N/A if there is no match in the
    supporting sheets. How can I make this be a zero instead of #N/A?

  6. #6
    WendiL99

  7. #7
    WendiL99