reverse order

  1. #1
    Lamb Chop
    Guest

    reverse order

    How to reverse the order of a series of cells.

    for example,

    A1 = abc
    A2 = efc
    A3 = b96
    A4= 934

    to become:

    B1=934
    B2 =b96
    B3 =efc
    B4 =abc

    The contents of the cells do not have any pattern and I cannot use sort etc.

    Thanks

    Man

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: reverse order

    One way would be to use a helper column and put sequential numbers from top
    to bottom, then do a reverse sort on THAT column to include your data column.

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: reverse order

    In B1 enter this formula and copy down to B4:

    =INDEX($A$1:$A$4,4-(ROW(A1)-1))
    --

    HTH,

    RD