Automatic cell entry

  1. #1
    deniseh
    Guest

    Automatic cell entry

    Hi, I have set up a spreadsheet which contains an order date, an expected
    delivery date, then a quantity ordered amount. I have set up the order date
    to work on a weekly time scale and the delivery date to be the delivery date
    plus the expected delivery time, which could be anything from 63 days and
    could be altered at any time. This is where I come unstuck I'd like the
    next column to be calculated whereby say, the order date was 1st April then
    the expected delivery date would be 3rd June 2006 (+63 days), what I wanted
    was for the cell which is adjacent to the quantity ordered cell to be filled
    automatically by comparing the dates. I have tried if and and, vlookup and
    wondered about match, but not too sure about this. Any suggestions would be
    gratefully received.
    Thanks for your time.
    Regards
    Denise

  2. #2
    galimi
    Guest

    RE: Automatic cell entry

    What type of compare do you wish to perform? It sounds as if you simply want
    to add a fixed number of days to the initial date, in which case, you can
    simply add a that whole number to the date, 1 = 1 day in Excel.
    --
    http://HelpExcel.com
    1-888-INGENIO

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    What exactly would you like the cell adjacent to the quantity order to be filled with?
    Google is your best friend!

  4. #4
    deniseh
    Guest

    Re: Automatic cell entry

    i WOULD LIKE THE CELL WHICH CORRESPOINDS WITH THE EXPECTED DELIVERY DATE TO
    BE FILLED WITH THE ORDERED QUANTITY. THIS WOULD THEN ALLOW ME TO CALCULATE
    THE ACTUAL STOCK LEVELS LESS ANY DRAW DOWNS. IF IT WOULD HELP I COULD SEND
    YOU MY SPREADSHEET WHICH EXPLAINS IT BETTER.
    THANKS
    DENISE

  5. #5
    galimi
    Guest

    Re: Automatic cell entry

    Denise,

    Feel free to email your spreadsheet to [email protected]
    --
    http://HelpExcel.com
    1-888-INGENIO