Disappearing C

  1. #1
    Stacey
    Guest

    Disappearing C

    We use Excel 2002. It's been working beautifully. Today, when we type the
    letter "c" as the only entry in a cell, it disappears after we go to the next
    cell. Any suggestions?

    Thanks a bunch.

  2. #2
    RaymundCG
    Guest

    RE: Disappearing C

    Hi Stacey!

    You may want to check the ff: Tools>AutoCorrect Options...

    in the Replace-With portion, verify if C is equivalent to (space). Scroll
    down to see additional entries as necessary. If C is indeed equivalent to
    (space) or blank, press DELETE then OK.

    Hope this helps!

    --
    Thanks and kind regards

  3. #3
    Beege
    Guest

    Re: Disappearing C

    Look in AutoCorrect....

    Beege

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Disappearing C

    I'd check your autocorrect options.

    Tools -> Autocorrect options
    See if you have something there that would change C to a blank for some
    reason.

  5. #5

    Re: Disappearing C

    i'd start with

    a) not using excel for data entry -
    it has no real validation for datatypes
    b) not using excel for anything
    there are a dozen better tools for whatever you're trying to do.
    c) not listen to excel dorks on this newsgroup
    by defintion they use excel; they are the wrong people to listen to.

  6. #6
    Stacey
    Guest

    RE: Disappearing C

    Thank you to all who responded. You're brilliant. Auto correct was the
    problem. Have a wonderful weekend.

  7. #7
    Bill Sharpe
    Guest

    Re: Disappearing C

    [email protected] wrote:
    > i'd start with
    >
    > a) not using excel for data entry -
    > it has no real validation for datatypes
    > b) not using excel for anything
    > there are a dozen better tools for whatever you're trying to do.
    > c) not listen to excel dorks on this newsgroup
    > by defintion they use excel; they are the wrong people to listen to.

    May is a slow month for your business, Aaron?
    If Excel is so bad, why don't you just ignore these newsgroups?

    Bill

  8. #8

    Re: Disappearing C

    because i need to save you guys from unemployment.

    excel is evil.

    it's not a slow month im just pissed off at beancounters again

    excel is a disease and MS is evil for not making excel more powerful.

    they have a full house and they're folding because they're wimps.

    Office 2007 isnt' a step in the right direction; they need to make
    excel MORE controllable not less.

  9. #9

    Re: Disappearing C

    and for the record; it was a year ago this month that MS fired me for
    complaining-- when my friggin car got stolen from the MS parking lot.

    i had a couple of excel dork bosses back then; im over it-- it just
    pisses me off that excel people are paid a single dime.
    you guys copy and paste; i mean-- companies really would be better off
    training a dozen blind monkeys to randomly type functions into excel.

    -Aaron

  10. #10
    Forum Contributor
    Somewhere....out there.....
    And Aaron, your problem is....?

    You're lucky that all Microsoft did was to fire you. I would've blackballed you for the way you talk and rant on these forums.

    As far as your car being stolen..... awwwww, poor puppy! You probably left the keys in the ignition since you've been so busy on these forums, that you forgot to lock your car, you moronic troll!

    Go away and try to do something productive!