Calculate Goal each day

  1. #1

    Calculate Goal each day

    Ok, First I'm an Excel novice! I have a spreadsheet that has
    'Production Amount', 'Weekly Goal', and 'What It Will Take Tomorrow'
    columns. I also have two cells that displays the day of the week (ex.
    Wednesday formula: =TODAY()) and the Month (ex. 6/21/06 Fornula:
    =CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(H1),"Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday","Friday","Saturday")).
    I want to be able to open that spreadsheet everyday and input the
    production amount completed for that employee and have the spreadsheet
    calculate what it will take on each of the following days of the week
    to reach their goal. Right now i have it calculating entire goal
    remaning in the 'What It Will Take Tomorrow' column. I would like
    that column to consider the remainder of the days left in the week and
    divide the goal by that number of days. Thanks for any help!

    Killa'

  2. #2
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: Calculate Goal each day

    Killa'

    If I understand you correctly and assuming that you have A1:D1 with your
    headers, "Date, Production Amount, Weekly Goal and What It Will Take
    Tomorrow" respectively. I further assume that as you quote every day of
    the week Sunday to Saturday, you work Sunday to Saturday.

    In A2 your formula: =TODAY()
    In A3 enter: =IF(A2="","",IF(WEEKDAY(A2,1)<7,A2+1,"")) and copy it down to
    A8 then custom format A2:A8 as "dddd mmm d yyyy" (without the quotes and
    make sure that the column is wide enough to display a date like: "Saturday
    September 30 2006"

    In D2 enter: =ROUND((C2-B2)/(COUNT(A2:A8)-1),0)&" Per day"

    If you only work Monday to Friday then in A3 use:

    =IF(A2="","",IF(WEEKDAY(A2,3)<4,A2+1,"")) and copy it down

    Sandy

    [email protected]
    [email protected] with @tiscali.co.uk

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Calculate Goal each day

    Ok, looks like you understood me right on point. I actually have it
    setup like this:
    - Day of the week (Wednesday) in G1
    - Month (6/21/2006) in H1
    - 'Persons Name'= A3
    - 'Production'= C3
    - 'Monthly Goal'= E3
    - 'What It Will Take Tomorow'= G3

    Note: A1:F1 are merged for a Title (Weekly Goal Report)

    I think i may be able to work with what you gave me, but if the way i
    have it setup throws your suggestion off, let me know. Thanks!

  4. #4
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: Calculate Goal each day

    If you want to have the daily amount in G3 without listing the days of the
    week as I did then make the formula in G3:

    =ROUND((E3-C3)/(7-WEEKDAY(G1,2)),0)&" Per day"

    For a working week ending on Sunday and:

    =ROUND((E3-C3)/(5-WEEKDAY(G1,2)),0)&" Per day"

    for a Monday - Friday working week

  5. #5

    Re: Calculate Goal each day

    Yes, that's exactly what i want!!! You are the bomb! Is it possible
    to display the 'per day' number with a $? Also, how would i add all of
    the total 'per day' amounts to get a grand total 'per day'? I had a
    cell that was adding those cells (=sum(G4:G8)), but that is no longer
    working. I know you want to send me a bill at this point! Thanks for
    your help!!!

  6. #6

    Re: Calculate Goal each day

    Bryan,

    Try a custom format of:

    $#,##0.00 "Per Day"
    for individual rows and:

    Total $#,##0.00
    for the total cell

    The cells should then SUM correctly because you will have only numbers
    in the cells - the rest is just formatting

    HTH

    Sandy

  7. #7

    Re: Calculate Goal each day

  8. #8
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: Calculate Goal each day

    <sandy.mann@???????????????> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    Full address in a Public Newsgroup not just once but twice! Boy! am I going
    to be in trouble at work tomorrow!