How can I refer to a blank cell when using conditional formating?

  1. #1
    Kman
    Guest

    How can I refer to a blank cell when using conditional formating?

    I want to make a conditional format that will leave the cell unchanged if the
    cell involved is blank.

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: How can I refer to a blank cell when using conditional formating?

    Probably use an IF/AND condition

    Something like:

    Formula is: =IF(AND(A1<>"",A1=condition))

    HTH

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: How can I refer to a blank cell when using conditional formating?

    If using conditional formatting testing for a non blank cell to this would
    suffice

    =A1<>""

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

    news:[email protected]...