Another Qustion concerning dates

  1. #1
    Digital2k
    Guest

    Another Qustion concerning dates

    Hello,
    I wrote last time:
    I want to know what I will get paid TODAY, THIS WEEK or by the
    MONTH.
    I don't know how to get the Day (C2),Week (D2) and Month.(E2).
    Thanks for those who helped.
    Now:
    I must add that if today is Thursday I need to know what I will get paid
    Thursday - Saturday for the week and from the 29th - 30th of the month. In
    other words for the week and Month calculations it must be going forward
    from the current day not for the entire week or month if that time has past.
    If the weekday is Tuesday then I need from Tuesday to Saturday. What formula
    can I use to accomplish this? I now I did not make myself clear before. I
    apologize.

    Please help.
    Digital2k

    A B C D E F
    1 Dates Amount Today This This
    Week Month
    2 6/27/06 $500 0 $700 $700
    3 6/28/06 $200 $200 $700 $700
    4 7/1/06 $600 0 0 $700
    _________________________________
    5 Total $1300 $200 $700 $700

  2. #2
    Franz Verga
    Guest

    Re: Another Qustion concerning dates

    Nel post news:[email protected]
    *Digital2k* ha scritto:

    > Hello,
    > I wrote last time:
    > I want to know what I will get paid TODAY, THIS WEEK or by the
    > MONTH.
    > I don't know how to get the Day (C2),Week (D2) and Month.(E2).
    > Thanks for those who helped.
    > Now:
    > I must add that if today is Thursday I need to know what I will get
    > paid Thursday - Saturday for the week and from the 29th - 30th of the
    > month. In other words for the week and Month calculations it must be
    > going forward from the current day not for the entire week or month
    > if that time has past. If the weekday is Tuesday then I need from
    > Tuesday to Saturday. What formula can I use to accomplish this? I now
    > I did not make myself clear before. I apologize.
    >
    > Please help.
    > Digital2k
    >
    > A B C D E F
    > 1 Dates Amount Today This This
    > Week Month
    > 2 6/27/06 $500 0 $700 $700
    > 3 6/28/06 $200 $200 $700 $700
    > 4 7/1/06 $600 0 0 $700
    > _________________________________
    > 5 Total $1300 $200 $700 $700

    I'm non understanding what you mean...

    Could you please upload a small example file to www.savefile.com?

    --
    Thanks in advance for your feedback.

    Ciao

    Franz Verga from Italy

  3. #3
    Digital2k
    Guest

    Re: Another Qustion concerning dates

    Hello,
    this is the link to the spreadsheet I'm trying to create.
    http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=7014056

    It works fine except for the week and month I want to know going forward in
    time.
    In other words for the week and Month calculations must be going forward
    from the current day not for the entire week or month if that time has past.
    If the weekday is Tuesday then I need from Tuesday to Saturday. If it's the
    3rd of the month
    I need from the 3rd to the end of the month. What formula
    can I use to accomplish this?
    Digital2k

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Franz Verga
    Guest

    Re: Another Qustion concerning dates

    Sorry for answering so late, but I had to see a very beautiful football
    match... (We won 3-0 against Ukraina in the World Championship in Germany,
    and now, next Tuesday we are in semifinal against Germany...)

    I downloaded your file and I see that there are some amounts whitout any
    date, so I think you should fix this before; I see also that you import your
    data (dates and amounts) from an external file: some dates on your source
    file have just two digit for year (I saw by copy & past values... ;-) ), and
    some others are not real dates, but text, so Excel doesn't calculate them,
    so I think you should fix this too... Maybe you can use a data validation on
    your source file to be sure that the inputs are dates.

    Anyway, I think I fixed the formulas for you.

    You can download your file modified here:

    http://www.savefile.com/files/2247291

    --
    (I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
    translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

    Hope I helped you.