Excel VBA password forgotten

  1. #1

    Excel VBA password forgotten

    Hi all,

    I wrote some Excel VBA code some time ago, and I now can't remember
    what password I used then to access the Excel VBA editor for the macros
    that were applied to the spreadsheet.

    Is there some way that I can retreive the password that I used back
    then that I have now forgotten?

    Thanks for your help.

    Karen

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Excel VBA password forgotten

    Surely you would have remembered to write it down.
    Are you sure it's yours?

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    KAREN27
    Guest

    Re: Excel VBA password forgotten

    Hi Don,

    I do lots of VBA coding for various departments within the organisation that
    I do work for. This work which I have forgotten the password for - was done
    some time ago - that's whay I asked for help to the newsgroup.

    Regards
    Karen

    --
    Thanks very much for your help

  4. #4
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Excel VBA password forgotten

    The sheet and workbook protection is very easy to crack, the VBA is harder
    but it is possible either by using a commercial program or a hex editor

    http://www.schmittis-page.de/index.h...l/vba/t48e.htm

    you need to download a hex editor and there are plenty of free editors
    around

    http://downloads.zdnet.co.uk/0,39025...147549s,00.htm

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    KAREN27
    Guest