Help with combo box, please!!!!!!

  1. #1
    Jessica C. Jara
    Guest

    Help with combo box, please!!!!!!

    Hi there,

    I am creating a workbook and I can not find the way to make my combo box
    work how I want it to:

    I have a spreadsheet with names, colum a from 1 - 89. With this list I have
    created a combo box, on Colum B, from 1 - 89 rates ($). What I would like to
    do is every time I change the name in the combo box I want cell B to show me
    that persons rate.

    Is there anyone that can help!!!!!

    I've been working on this same problem for a week, I'm going crazy Please
    help!!!
    Thanks!!!!

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Help with combo box, please!!!!!!

    Hi Jessica if I understand what you have is

    Col A Col B
    name1 $10.00
    name2 $12.00
    name88 $7.00

    your combo box have a bond cell right? assuming it is on A100 this cell will
    change the value for each name select.

    insert a column before A, put an ID so

    COL A COL B COL C
    1 name1 $10.00

    use a =VLOOKUP($A$100,$A$1:$C$89,3,0)

    and excel will return the Col C value

    HTH
    Regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  3. #3
    Jessica C. Jara
    Guest

    RE: Help with combo box, please!!!!!!

    Marcelo!!! You did it, you're a genius. Thank you so much. I have been
    working with this all week!!!!

    Obrigado!!!! Moito (I think)

    Jessie

  4. #4
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Help with combo box, please!!!!!!

    thanks for the feedback and you are close is
    Muito obrigado!!!!

    regards

  5. #5
    Jessica C. Jara
    Guest

    RE: Help with combo box, please!!!!!!

    Marcelo, I have another inconvenient: Though you did get that option awesome,
    I need to do the same with another 5 options, is that possible to do? I'm
    trying it but it doesn't happen.

    ANy help appreciated. Thanks!!!!

  6. #6
    paul
    Guest

    RE: Help with combo box, please!!!!!!

    you want to dispay another 5 columns?.Just copy your vlookup formula across
    increasing the
    col a
    =VLOOKUP($A$100,$A$1:$C$89,3,0)
    colb
    =VLOOKUP($A$100,$A$1:$C$89,4,0)
    colc
    =VLOOKUP($A$100,$A$1:$C$89,5,0)
    etc etc

    --
    paul
    [email protected]

  7. #7
    Jessica C. Jara
    Guest

    RE: Help with combo box, please!!!!!!

    Thanks for the assistance but this does not seem to work, let me explain what
    I'm trying to "achieve":

    I have the following colums: A,B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I,

    A, is Name, B is rate, C starting date, E Ending date, F Total commited, G
    Paid YTD, H ......

    I have the Names in a combo box and every time I change the name, and only
    the name (I don't want the option of changing other options. So every time I
    change the name in the combo box, all information mentioned above qill change
    automatically. Is this possible, I'm trying but I can't find the correct
    formula. I'm also trying with the one bellow but it keeps getting the first
    option, rate.

    Can someone assist please!!!!!! Thanks to all in advance.