Message saying file is in use

  1. #1
    heather
    Guest

    Message saying file is in use

    I have a user who is complaining about Excel.
    When she opens up her first spreadsheet of the day, everything is ok.
    When she opens up another spreadsheet, whether it is a new one or one that
    has already been created, she gets a message saying that the files is locked
    for editing and is in use, even if it's not. I have had her clear out all her
    temp files, but I can't really find anything else that may fix her problem.
    ideas?

  2. #2
    MartinW
    Guest

    Re: Message saying file is in use

    Hi Heather,

    That sounds like a networking problem rather than an excel problem.
    Best to talk to whoever handles your IT setup.

    HTH
    Martin

  4. #4
    heather
    Guest

    Re: Message saying file is in use

    This is not a networking problem. This happens
    a) on files on her local machine that only she has access to.
    b) new work books she opens that have no data or anything in them.

    When she opens up a new workbook and it happens, she can hit cancel and then
    enter her data as needed, but the message pops up every single time. Doesn't
    have anything to do with networking or other users.