Floating cell containing a "Running Total".

  1. #1

    Floating cell containing a "Running Total".

    How do I make a cell that contains a running toal to float on the screen as a viewer scrolls down a long spreadsheet? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Floating cell containing a "Running Total".

    Put the running total formula in a cell in the top row of the sheet.

    Select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes to keep row 1 in view as you scroll down.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    jpreman
    Guest

    RE: Floating cell containing a "Running Total".

    You may use a Watch Window.

    Go to TOOLS/FORMULA AUDITING?SHOW WATCH WINDOW. Then add the cells you would
    like to monitor. This will also enable you to track scattered cells, all at
    the same time. You amy also move/resize the window as you please.