multiple values in one cell

  1. #1
    Caleb
    Guest

    multiple values in one cell

    I am trying to find a way to pull multiple values from one cell
    (A1=12.35+23.56+43.73), into seperate cells on another sheet, B2=12.35,
    B3=23.56, B4=43.73. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: multiple values in one cell

    You can split up a string of numbers in a cell separated by a common
    character ( in your case the plus sign) by using Text to Columns:

    1. select the cell(s)
    2. pull-down Data > Text to Columns... and select Delimited and pick the
    plus sign
    3. the individual numbers will become separated, each in its own cell.
    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    Caleb
    Guest

    RE: multiple values in one cell

    Thank you Gary's Student! I can get it to work great on the same sheet as
    the initial cell. If a cell on sheet two is set to equal the cell with
    multiple values on sheet one, it does not work. Thank you for your help and
    I'll keep playing with it.

  4. #4
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: multiple values in one cell

    Copy the data to the second sheet *after* you perform the separation on the
    first sheet!
    OR
    Remove you linking formula on the second sheet and leave the data behind by:
    <copy> <paste special> <values, and *then* do the TTC.
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...