How do I keep the selection box in the work area

  1. #1
    Ken Dean
    Guest

    How do I keep the selection box in the work area

    After entering data into a cell I press the enter key and the selection box
    moves one cell to the right. How do I make it drop down one line and to the
    beginning cell after reaching the last column in the work area?

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I keep the selection box in the work area

    Ken

    Set your ENTER key to move down.......Tools>Options>Edit "move after entry"

    Then when entering data across a row, use the Tab key to move right.

    When you reach the last data entry cell in that row, hit the ENTER key to move
    back to start column and down one row.

    i.e. Start in A1 and Tab across to H1. Hit ENTER and go back to A2

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Ken Dean
    Guest

    Re: How do I keep the selection box in the work area

    Thank You Gord! Works Great