Text that includes data from a designated cell?

  1. #1
    Blades
    Guest

    Text that includes data from a designated cell?

    Hi,

    I want to write a short sentance that includes data from a cell on my
    spreadsheet, is there any way of doing this?

    for example I want to say;

    "The number of women giving birth this year is (the value in cell C1)"

    Can anyone help?

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor tony h's Avatar
    England: London and Lincolnshire
    Posts
    1,187
    ="The number of women giving birth this year is" & C1

    hope this helps

  3. #3

    Re: Text that includes data from a designated cell?

    And if you wanted it formatted:

    ="The number of women giving birth this year is " & text(C1,"#,##0") & "."