Is there a shortcut icon for deleting row/columns in the tool bar

  1. #1
    asalyers
    Guest

    Is there a shortcut icon for deleting row/columns in the tool bar

    My boss seems to think there is an icon in an Excel spreadsheet that look
    similar to upside down or sideways "Y"'S that let you delete rows or columns.
    I have never seen it myself.

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Is there a shortcut icon for deleting row/columns in the tool bar

    right click on the bar icons, select custom | comands | Edit

    hth
    regareds from Brazil
    Marcelo

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Actually there is, right click on the toolbar and choose customize.

    Hit the command tab, select edit in Categories.

    Delete Rows
    Delete Columns

    kinda like a Y...
    Google is your best friend!

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Is there a shortcut icon for deleting row/columns in the tool bar

    Tools>Customize>Commands

    Under the Edit category are two icons, one for deleting rows and one for
    deleting columns

    Kinda look like sideways(rows) and upsidedown(columns) Y's

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  5. #5
    asalyers
    Guest

    RE: Is there a shortcut icon for deleting row/columns in the tool

    Awesome! Thanks so much!!!!
    Amy

  6. #6
    asalyers
    Guest

    Re: Is there a shortcut icon for deleting row/columns in the tool

    Awesome! Thanks so much,
    Amy

  7. #7
    asalyers
    Guest

    Re: Is there a shortcut icon for deleting row/columns in the tool

    Awesome!! Thanks so much,
    Amy