Vlookup + 1

  1. #1
    azidrane
    Guest

    Vlookup + 1

    What I need to do is this. I have a table that i do a look up on that
    looks like this.

    Name1 |data1|data2| | |data1|data2
    Name2 |data1|data2|data1|data2| |

    The lookup grabs the data1 that is furthest to the right (its a date).
    What I then need to do is do a lookup to grab the data2 (a percentage)
    that is to the right of the data1.

    Is there someway I can get the cell address returned in my first
    function and then just increment the culumn being addressed by one to
    return the data2?

  2. #2
    NIMISH
    Guest

    Re: Vlookup + 1

    Hint is use INDIRECT function. This function converts text string to
    range name.

    For instance cell A1 contains "END" then

    VLOOKUP(Lookup_Value,INDIRECT(A1),ColumnOffset,TRUE(or FALSE)) will
    look for data from the named range END.

    If value of A1 changes to "TOP" then above function will look for data
    from named range TOP.

    I am sure you know how to define named range.

    Is it what are you looking for? If not then send me fraction of your
    spread sheet and I may be able to help you in better way.

    Nimish

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Vlookup + 1

    Why not change the lookup to grab one column further on?

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    azidrane
    Guest

    Re: Vlookup + 1

    I'd love to, but the lookup is based on the values in the row's its
    looking in. Its an array formula that looks like this:
    =MAX(VLOOKUP(H5,Coach!A3:N188,{3,5,7,9,11,13},FALSE))