matching a combination of numbers

  1. #1
    mike
    Guest

    matching a combination of numbers

    Does anyone have a formula to find out which combination of a group of
    numbers matches a total ? (when we receive a payment from a customer with say
    20 outstanding amounts it would be really nice to get a spreadsheet to say "i
    think these are the ones being paid because they add up to the total figure
    that is on the cheque)
    Thanks Mike

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: matching a combination of numbers

    I had a similar problem, If I could list the various combinations, I could
    match the solution. See:

    http://groups.google.com/group/micro...1f529de2aaf685
    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    mike
    Guest

    RE: matching a combination of numbers

    thankyou it seems its going to be too complicated for me - I can't understand
    the code but thanks anyway
    Miek