rows and cells

  1. #1

    rows and cells

    Is there a way of manually telling excel how many rows and columns you wish to have?

    Thanks

    Ed

  2. #2
    Sheila D
    Guest

    RE: rows and cells

    By only putting data in the cells you need you are effectively doing that.
    When you print it only prints active cells. If you can clarify what you want
    to do I may be able to help but you can't change the default size of a
    workbook to the best of my knowledge

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: rows and cells

    You cannot change the number of rows and columns.

    You can hide the ones you don't want to see.

    You can also, using VBA, set the scroll range to a fixed range.

    Users will not be able to scroll out of that range.

    Note: Setting ScrollArea is good for that session only and only the
    activesheet. Has to be reset next time workbook is opened.

    Best to place the code into a WorkBook_Open Sub in ThisWorkbook module and
    specify which worksheet.

    Private Sub WorkBook_Open()
    Sheets("YourSheet").ScrollArea = "A1:P60"
    End Sub

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP