Can't toggle (or display) formula bar

  1. #1
    DES1944
    Guest

    Can't toggle (or display) formula bar

    I used to have the Excel formula bar displayed, but after rebooting, it is
    gone. The VIEW menu shows it checked, but I can't toggle that either.
    Preferences set up to display it.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor VBA Noob's Avatar
    London, England
    MS-Off Ver
    xl03 & xl 07(Jan 09)
    Posts
    11,988

    Try this

    Try the below code to see if this works

    Sub Add_Formulabar()

    Application.DisplayFormulaBar = True

    End Sub

  3. #3
    DES1944
    Guest

    Re: Can't toggle (or display) formula bar

    Is that supposed to be entered in a spreadsheet?

    DS

  4. #4
    DES1944
    Guest

    Re: Can't toggle (or display) formula bar

    I shut down Excel & restarted and the formula bar was there. Thanks.

    ds

  5. #5
    TH35
    Guest

    Re: Can't toggle (or display) formula bar

    Hey, sorry for jumping in....

    I have the same problem but do not know what to do with the code you so
    kindly provided. Where does that get added?

    Thanks very much for your time.

    TH

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Can't toggle (or display) formula bar

    Copy just the middle line of the code.

    Application.DisplayFormulaBar = True

    With Excel open, hit ALT + F11 to open VBE window.

    View>Immediate Window

    Paste the code and hit <ENTER>

    ALT + Q to go back to Excel screen.

    OK now?