In a spreasheet, how do you move a column around?

  1. #1
    Spin
    Guest

    In a spreasheet, how do you move a column around?

    Gurus,

    In a spreadsheet, how do you move a column around? I have multiple columns.
    A "Cut and paste" won't do it.

    --
    Spin

  2. #2

    Insert>Cut Cells

    Select the column, Ctrl-C it, select the column to the right of where you want to move it, then select Insert>Cut Cells

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: In a spreasheet, how do you move a column around?

    how about cut and INSERT cut cells

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: In a spreasheet, how do you move a column around?

    Select the column header.

    Move the pointer down to edge of cell in first row to see a 4-headed arrow.

    You can drag the column using that arrow.

    Experiment also with SHIFT + drag and CTRL + drag and ALT + drag to get
    different behaviors.

    You can copy, insert, overwrite depending upon method.

    Lotsa fun........suggest you play on a copy of the sheet.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  5. #5
    Bucky

    Gord Dibben wrote:
    > Experiment also with SHIFT + drag and CTRL + drag and ALT + drag to get
    > different behaviors.

    SHIFT: moves (inserts before destination)
    CTRL: same as copy and paste
    ALT: same as cut and paste

    ALT seems to be unnecessary, since dragging without any keys seems to
    do the exact same thing.