Keeping cell references constant

  1. #1
    FlyingDutchmanIam
    Guest

    Keeping cell references constant

    Hi,

    I'm creating a multisheet spreadsheet where I need to keep the number
    reference constant.

    Example of formulae:

    =+'A Sheets'!H18

    I want the cell letter to increase but the number to remain constant. So
    copying down the spreadsheet the next reference would be:

    =+'A Sheets'!I18 then =+'A Sheets'J18 etc. etc.

    I've tried using '$' but to no avail.

    Thanks in advance.

    Sean.

    --
    It's time to burn........

  2. #2
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Keeping cell references constant

    You could try this - make the formula:

    ='A Sheets'!H$18

    then copy it across the row so that the H becomes I, then J, then K
    etc.

    Then highlight all these cells, click <copy>, move cursor down one cell
    and Edit | Paste Special | Transpose (tick) | OK and <Esc>. You could
    then delete the row with the original formulae in.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete