Vlookup

  1. #1
    Paul
    Guest

    Vlookup

    In my spreadsheet i have a worksheet(1) with three columns.
    A B C
    data1 data1 data1
    data2 data2 data2

    I would like to use the VLOOKUP function to bring data from column c into
    another worksheet(2), when data entered into worksheet(2),columns A and B,
    matches data with worksheet(1)
    Is this possible?
    Please advise

    Paul

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Vlookup

    =INDEX(Sheet1!C1:C1000,MATCH(1,(Sheet2!A2=Sheet1!A1:A1000)*(Sheet2!B2=Sheet1
    !B1:B1000),0))

    which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
    just Enter.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Paul
    Guest

    Re: Vlookup

    Thanks, but still not working. Perhaps I can elaborate:-
    In sheet1, column A, there may be duplicate values throughout the column as
    there will be in column B also.

    A B C
    1068ass 10 1.45
    1068ass 20 2.45
    1068ass 30 4.56
    1068bss 10 3.56
    There are duplicate values in column A and B but there will only ever be one
    row where (A) value and (B) value will match my data in sheet 2.
    What i am hoping to achieve is:
    In sheet 2, I enter "1068ass" in cell A1 and "10" in cell B1. the figure
    "1.45" will then auto fill in cell C1

    Many thanks

    Paul

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Vlookup

    Which is exactly what I gave you! I understood the question perfectly.

    All you had to do was change my references to A2 and B2 on Sheet2 to A1 and
    B1, and that was it.

    Don't forget Ctrl-Shift-Enter.

  5. #5
    Paul
    Guest

    Re: Vlookup

    Did forget the Ctrl-Shift-Enter!!!! - Working fine now. Many thanks