How to save a custom made header&footer

  1. #1
    HeintjeHB
    Guest

    How to save a custom made header&footer

    I´m trying to save a custom made header & footer because I´m useing it in
    multiple worksheets and it is repeating the whole time.

    Can somebody tell me, how I could save my header & footer?

    It contains a picture and adress lines.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How to save a custom made header&footer

    Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish, including your footer. File>Save
    As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook
    "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

    Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

    This will be the default workbook for File>New

    Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

    You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
    you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
    the default Insert>Sheet.

    More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

    On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 06:40:02 -0700, HeintjeHB
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I´m trying to save a custom made header & footer because I´m useing it in
    >multiple worksheets and it is repeating the whole time.
    >
    >Can somebody tell me, how I could save my header & footer?
    >
    >It contains a picture and adress lines.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    HeintjeHB
    Guest

    Re: How to save a custom made header&footer

    Thanks for that, but is there any possibility to insert custom made headers &
    footers to sheets that are allready been filled out?

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How to save a custom made header&footer

    You would have to re-create the custom header/footer on a workbook basis.

    Open an existing workbook.

    Select all sheets by right-clicking on a sheet tab and "select all sheets"

    Create your footer/header on the active sheet and it will be done to all sheets.

    DO NOT FORGET to ungroup the sheets when done.

    Alternative.....have a macro in your Personal.xls or an add-in and run that
    macro on each existing workbook.

    Sub Path_All_Sheets()
    Set wkbktodo = ActiveWorkbook
    For Each ws In wkbktodo.Worksheets
    ws.PageSetup.RightFooter = ActiveWorkbook.FullName & " " & Chr(13) _
    & Application.UserName & " " & Date
    Next
    End Sub

    Adapt the macro to your needs.