how do i open excel as an xls document from a web link instead of.

  1. #1
    Yep
    Guest

    how do i open excel as an xls document from a web link instead of.

    I have a web page with a link to an excel file in xls format. When I open
    the document it opens in html format. How do I cause the document to open as
    a true excel workbook from the web link?

  2. #2

    Re: how do i open excel as an xls document from a web link instead of.

    How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office
    Documents in the Appropriate Office Program Instead of in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=162059

    This is a PC setting. If you're sharing with others, you'll have to do it on
    their PCs, too.