formula copying data and lay out

  1. #1
    Kootje
    Guest

    formula copying data and lay out

    Hi all,

    I am busy making a spreadsheetfor reporting to my boss :-)

    I have my ownsheet but he doesn't want all those information. So I can copy
    the colls I want in another sheet. But one problem is that this formula
    doesn't copy the lay-out. because evry time the sheet is updated the layout
    changes almost daily (extra rows etc)

    Is their a possibility to copy all those data (the rows are mostly
    increasing and sometimes decreasing.)

    Hope someone can help me (a batch is not working at this moment because
    every day the number rows are different.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: formula copying data and lay out

    I'm not sure exactly what you're after. You can right-click on a column
    header or a row header and select HIDE and the item is removed from view.
    You can also do Data > Filter > AutoFilter and filter out any unwanted rows
    from the view that way......

    If neither of these are what you want, could you be a little more specific
    as to how we can help you, please?

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3
    Terry Tipsy
    Guest

    RE: formula copying data and lay out

    If you are looking to keep your formatting, have you tried to 'paste
    special?' You would need to copy in two steps. Once for the formatting and
    then for the values, or formulas, etc.
    --
    T Tipsy

  4. #4
    Kootje
    Guest

    Re: formula copying data and lay out

    I know the paste special option but I want to create the report
    automatically.

    See it like a you get a package -> insert in excel
    you send a package -> insert in excel
    after two months you delete both rows in excel

    because one day you have 2 extra rows, the other day 16 extra rows, another
    day you have -30 rows.

    Because I have 16 columns and my boss wants to see 3 columns I thought to
    make e batch or formula but I want to keep the lay-out etc.

    also how do I manage the emtpy cells or how can I can I select the cells
    with information so I don't have to copy the whole sheet.

    thanks

    "Terry Tipsy" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Terry Tipsy
    Guest

    Re: formula copying data and lay out

    Are you familiar with macros? You can record a macro that would automically
    hide the columns you do not want to see and even filter any unwanted records.
    Once created, you need only to run the macro before sending the file.
    --
    T Tipsy

  6. #6
    Kootje
    Guest

    Re: formula copying data and lay out

    You know how to hide the picture with the marco inside after running a
    macro?

    After the marco it has to be copy/pasted into another file without this
    picture :-)

  7. #7
    Terry Tipsy
    Guest

    Re: formula copying data and lay out

    If I understand you correctly, you are getting the 'record macro' button that
    shows up when recording the macro. You can close this button as part of your
    macro. But did not think this button would remain as part of the copy
    process. In my test this button went away after recording the macro.
    --
    T Tipsy