Repeating Formula Question

  1. #1
    THSaldivar
    Guest

    Repeating Formula Question

    Hi all!

    One more question. We are trying to use a repeating formula where one
    "arugement" is one specified cell on another worksheet. This arguement
    should be the same on ALL repeating formulas. For example, on sheet 1 we
    want the number in cell A1 to be the "arguement". On sheet two we want the
    formula to be this arguement plus and arguement from sheet 2. ( =Sheet1!A1+A1
    ) but when we try to drag that formula down, it changes the formula to
    +Sheet1!A2 ... A3 ... and so forth. Is there a way to make excel NOT change
    that formula (except the end to change)? The Sheet1!A1 needs to stay the
    same and the arguement from Sheet2 is what will change.

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Repeating Formula Question

    Hi,

    use $ to do it

    so =(Sheet1!$A$1+A1)

    and copy it down

    it change the formula between relative and absolute, a $ before Colum fix
    the column a $ before row number fix de row when you copy it.

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo