Merging Worksheets - Fields Of Same Data In Different Location

  1. #1

    Merging Worksheets - Fields Of Same Data In Different Location

    Hello everyone,

    Need help on something.

    I get two workbooks sent to me. One from my Home Office IT department
    and one from our corporate Home Office. They basically contain the
    same information, but one may have extra fields that the other doesn't.
    For the fields that are similar in data, they may be in different
    columns. For instance Name Of Client may be in Column A in
    WBHomeOffice and in Column B in WBCorporateOffice.

    So, how can I combine these workbooks to merge into a master sheet and
    "map" the columns appropriately?

    TIA

    Brian

  2. #2

    Re: Merging Worksheets - Fields Of Same Data In Different Location

    If the key values are unique in each of those columns, you may be able to use
    =vlookup() or =index(match()) to return the information.

    You may want to read Debra Dalgleish's notes:
    http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html (for =vlookup())
    and
    http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html (for =index(match()))