Change text on one cell based on text in another

  1. #1
    Sally B.
    Guest

    Change text on one cell based on text in another

    I have a worksheet that states "Welcome Reception" in cell E, rows 7, 10, 17,
    etc. I need to change cell F, same rows, to say "Akimel 3". Is there a
    formula that can do that?

  2. #2
    Devo Clubber
    Guest

    RE: Change text on one cell based on text in another

    i'd use a vlookup
    =vlookup(e7,ltable,2)

    ltable is named range
    1 2
    a Welcome reception akimel 3
    b welcome primary jossle 2

    You question is a little vague, but i hope this helps