pivot table single choice

  1. #1
    frendabrenda1
    Guest

    pivot table single choice

    Good morning!

    I am fairly new with pivot tables....so I appreciate any advice.

    I have a large spreadsheet that lists material part numbers, how many are
    expexted and when they are due. I have my pivot table set up to show part
    numbers on the left, date to be received on the top, and quantity due in the
    center. This works very well to show all the part numbers. The user has a
    need, once they have this pivot table to narrow to 1 or 2 part numbers. if
    you click on the filter arrow of the part number, all 600 part number boxes
    are checked. Is there a way to uncheck them all except 1 or 2 without
    manually unchecking them all?

    Is there a better way to do this?

    Thanks again for any thoughts.

    Have a GREAT day!
    brenda

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: pivot table single choice

    In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, where the Show All checkbox isn't
    available, you can use programming to hide or show the items. There's
    sample code here:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures

  3. #3
    Terry Tipsy
    Guest

    Re: pivot table single choice

    For the ability to select single items in your table 'drag' your part number
    field to the 'Page' area of the pivot table.
    --
    T Tipsy