Aligning numbers to the centre of the cell

  1. #1
    Ramesh Babu
    Guest

    Aligning numbers to the centre of the cell

    I tried aligning the numbers to the centre of the cell and decimals using
    custom format #.#????, I am getting space between the first and second
    decimal as seen below 100.1 2 and in 100.3 45

    10.1
    100.1
    100.1 2
    100.1
    1000.3 45

    What should be done to ensure there is no gap between the decimal points?

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Aligning numbers to the centre of the cell

    Ramesh

    It is always better to stay with the same thread.

    I tested the custom format RD supplied and do not get any spaces.

    If I add a space into the Custom format like this #.# ???? I see it as you do.

    Check your typing in the Custom Format

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: Aligning numbers to the centre of the cell

    You should stay in the same thread where you originally asked your question,
    so others can more easily follow the conversation.

    Anyhow ... I'm sure that you have a <space> between the # and the first ?
    when you entered your format in the "Type" box.

    Check it out!

    RD

    news:[email protected]...