Enable macro on opening workbook

  1. #1
    ASU
    Guest

    Enable macro on opening workbook

    How can I automatically enable Macro on opening my workbook(which contains 7
    worksheets).
    --
    ASU

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Enable macro on opening workbook

    change the name of the macro to AUTOOPEN

    eg
    ___________________________
    Sub AutoOpen

    your code

    End Sub
    ___________________________

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  3. #3
    ASU
    Guest

    RE: Enable macro on opening workbook

    Obrigado!
    Ill see if it works
    --
    ASU

  4. #4
    ASU
    Guest

    RE: Enable macro on opening workbook

    OK. Having problems. When I open the workbook, I get a popup asking me enable
    or diseable macro. How do I get it to enable macro automatically without
    asking me.
    --
    ASU

  5. #5

    Re: Enable macro on opening workbook

    There's an option under Tools|Macro|Security|security level.

    If you change it to low, you won't be prompted. MS doesn't recommend this
    setting, though.

    And rename that macro to Auto_Open (with the underscore). And make sure it's in
    a general module.

  6. #6

    Re: Enable macro on opening workbook

    Ps. If you share this workbook with others, then they'll have to toggle that
    same setting. It's a user by user setting--not a workbook setting.