graph problem - urgent help needed.

  1. #1
    harvey_nz
    Guest

    graph problem - urgent help needed.

    I am trying to help a friend with a problem in excel.

    She has created a sheet with a series of questions, the answers are all 1 to
    4. They fill in the spreadsheet and then have someone else do the same. The
    answers are 1-4 again, however they can very with the original person. There
    will be approx 40 questions and it is designed at workers to compare what
    managers and staff believe are strengths/weaknesses in there management
    techniques.

    She wants to create another sheet were the two answers are compared for each
    of the questions preferably in a graph situation.

    Let’s say person one answered 2 for the first question and person 2 answered
    3. Indicating that the manager is feeling that the staff member is stronger
    in the field then what the staff member does.

    The graph page will show a mark on number 2 with a green line between number
    3.

    This could also be visa versa, and this case the line being red where the
    manager is underrating the staff member.

    Creating the graph page is not a problem, and populating the answers across
    is simple, however my problem has been with the lines or graph.

    I cant find a standard graph that will create what I want and if I use
    images I cant seem to get them to inert in the cells to remain fixed. My idea
    was to use a few stock graphics for each possibility, however I can’t get
    these to insert within the cells and they, like the graph, are floating.

    I am stumped on which way to turn, any suggestions, however basic, would be
    appreciated.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: graph problem - urgent help needed.

    You could use two series with error bars. Jon Peltier has instructions
    for error bars here:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ErrorBars.html

    and there's a sample here with green and red error bars:

    Under Functions, look for "FN0013 - Coloured Error Bars"

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures

  3. #3
    harvey_nz
    Guest

    Re: graph problem - urgent help needed.

    Debra,

    thank you for your reply. I had considered Error Bars but as they float and
    cant be inerted into cells i dismissed this.

    Regards